This is a picture of the house I live in, it is a beautiful, large old house. My favorite part is the porch, I would spend all my time out there, but the bugs eat me when I sit out too long. :)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The past couple of weeks have been great. Things have been picking up at work, so I am pretty busy working on a few different projects. I am working on an event where we are hosting a screening of the film "The Soloist" along with a few other organizations that includes the Nathaniel Ayers Foundation, a group of neuroscientists, and an organization led by Dr. Satcher (former U.S. surgeon general). Unfortunately I won't be here for the event (it's about a week after I leave), but I am looking forward to working on the planning of it. My other projects include working on the Journalism Fellowship September meeting prep and working on an outline for a textbook chapter on media and mental health that the program is being asked to write for a global health textbook. All the projects are very different, but interesting.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last Friday was the Board of Councilors meeting and President Carter spoke at it. I really enjoyed hearing him speak and was impressed by how articulate and sharp he still is at 85 years old :) There was a center-wide potluck that afternoon and as we were standing in line to get food, I looked up the stairs and saw President Carter walking down shaking all the interns hands, it was quite exciting! A few minutes later I shook Mrs. Carter's hand and told her that Caroline (who was right next to me) and I were interns in the mental health program, that made her happy and she started talking to us for a few minutes before continuing on. After Caroline and I got our food she asked where I wanted to sit, I looked around and saw a couple seats open next to Mrs. Carter, so we headed that direction and had lunch with Mrs. Carter. She was very nice and introduced us to all the people at her table as the interns in her mental health program. After chatting for a while, President Carter came by to say hi and then they both left to drive back to Plains, GA. That was probably the highlight of my internship thus far. :)
Nadia!!!! Oh my gosh, I just read your whole blog - I had to catch up on what you have been up to :) You sound like you're learning a lot, keeping busy and having tons of fun. I feel like you feel really comfortable and in your element there and I am so happy for you! I read the comments you left on mine and Rach's road trip blog and it was really nice to know that some people were actually reading it ;) I'm so sorry I haven't written more, things have been really crazy at home. I'm trying to get stuff ready to move up to Portland (find a house and job - you know, little things) and just trying to spend a lot of time with people while I'm still home :) But I won't write anymore, my message is almost as long as your post! Again, so glad you're doing well and that the humidity hasn't scared you away!!!
ReplyDelete